Guj: AMC to screen 'super spreaders' for COVID-19 in Ahmedabad
During a similar drive conducted in May, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation had screened over 33,000 "super spreaders" and found 700 of them positive for the deadly infection.
The AMC had categorised vegetable vendors, grocery and milk shop owners, petrol pump attendants and garbage collectors as "super spreaders", as the nature of their work puts them at risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19."Starting Wednesday, we formed 48 teams, one team for each ward of the city, to screen potential super spreaders," the AMC's health department said in a release. Advertisement
The civic body has added street food vendors, paan shop owners and salon owners and employees to its list of "super spreaders", the notice stated. Ahmedabad has so far reported over 22,200 coronavirus cases, with 1,496 patients dying of the infection. PD ARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah