Gujarat COVID-19 cases go past 25,000; death toll 1,561
Ahmedabad, Jun 17 () Gujarat's COVID-19 case count crossed the 25,000 mark and reached 25,148 on Wednesday with 520 new detections while the death toll rose by 27, including 22 in Ahmedabad, to 1,561, state Health department said.
With 348 patients being discharged in the day, the number of the recovered cases in the state increased to 17,438.
There are 6,149 active cases in Gujarat and 69 of them are in critical condition, an official statement said.
With 330 new cases, the count in Ahmedabad district mounted to 17,629 while the death toll rose by 22 to 1,253.
The number of recovered cases went up by 223 to 12,280 in Ahmedabad district in the day, it said.
Of the total 27 deaths in the state, Vadodara reported two fatalities while Anand, Bharuch and Gandhinagar reported one death each, apart from 22 in Ahmedabad, it stated.
The number of cases in Surat has gone up by 65 to 2,779 and by 44 to 1,682 in Vadodara.
26 of the total 33 districts in the state reported new cases on Wednesday.
The state has so far tested 3,03,671 samples, it said.Gujarat COVID-19 figures are as follows: Positive cases 25,148, new cases 520, deaths 1,561, discharged 17,438, active cases 6,149 and people tested so far 3,03,671. KA PD NSK NSK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- WhatsApp Business gives a new lease of life to solopreneurs across India and Bharat
- With 303 vulnerabilities, Google Chrome is the riskiest browser of 2022: Atlas VPN
- Taj Mahal will be open for night viewing during 'Sharad Purnima' for four nights
- Rupee falls 4 paise to 81.66 against US dollar in early trade
- Sensex is up 334 points, Nifty by 91 points tracking gains from Asian markets