World Homeopathy Day: Here are a few popular myths about Homeopathy
- April 10 is celebrated as the
World Homeopathy Day.
- Homeopathy is a popular alternative medicine system.
- Here are a few myths about
homeopathybusted and some amazing facts about this system.
Here are a few myths busted and a few interesting facts about homeopathy.
Myth-1: Homeopathic medicines take a long time to remedy the illness
Homeopathic remedies are not slow. The speed at which homeopathic medicines work depend on the stage at which the patient is presented for the treatment. The earlier the patient undergoes the treatment, the quicker is the cure. Chronic diseases naturally take some time to get cured.
Myth-2: Homeopathy is not effective in acute illnesses
Homeopathy can cure acute cases of fevers, colds, vomiting, diarrhea and others and can show immediate relief. The system might not be able to help much with medical emergencies that require immediate hospitalization.
Myth-3: Homeopathy medicines contain steroids and heavy metals
There is no place for steroids in homeopathy. All the sources used for preparing the medicines in the homeopathic system undergo a lengthy process of potentisation and trituration. It means that there won’t even be a trace of crude metal element in it.
Myth-4: One cannot use homeopathy along with the conventional system of medicine
About 60% of the patients seeking homeopathic remedies already use conventional medicines for some common ailments like hypertension, diabetes, IHD and others. In some cases, the homeopathic practitioners advise time interval between two medicines.
Myth-5: Homeopathy always aggravates the disease while starting the treatment
When homeopathic medicines are given for chronic cases, the choice of remedies will be based on the condition of the disease and the susceptibility of the patient. Hence unwanted aggravations are always avoided. In some cases when the patients approach homeopathy after undergoing some suppressive treatments, homeopathy medicines might bring them to surface while attempting to cure the disease. This is known as homeopathic aggravation which will automatically disappear during the course of the treatment.
Myth-6: Homeopathy can be an alternative for surgical procedures
Homeopathy is never an alternative for surgical procedure. Homeopathy has its own limitations in treating surgical conditions. Such cases have to be treated by surgery only.
Myth-7: Homeopathy does not diagnose or investigate before treating a disease
Like any other system of medicine, homeopathy also needs a thorough diagnosis and investigation before a treatment can start.
- Assam suffers largest single-day spike with 177 cases, crosses 1000-mark: Officials
- WB COVID-19 death toll crosses 300-mark with 7 more fatalities; total cases 4,813
- 144 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; total rises to 1,024
- Odisha govt announces exemption of road tax for passenger buses
- Decision to reopen shrines would lead to spike in COVID-19 cases: WB BJP chief
- Air travel Guidelines
- Covid-19 Drug
- Karnataka travel guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- COVID-19 infections
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra extends lockdown
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Mukesh Ambani
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines