How to apply for tatkal passport online
Tatkalapplications are processed faster in comparison to normal applications.
- The fee structure varies from age group to type of service.
- Read further to know how to apply for the
AdvertisementA passport is an essential document one must carry while traveling by air. Renewing the passport before it expires is essential to make your last-moment trips or urgent traveling hassle-free. However, to keep those urgencies in mind, the Ministry of External Affairs has given the provision to apply for the passport in two modes- Normal and Tatkal. Compared to normal passports, tatkal passports are processed in only a few days.
There is not much difference between applying for normal and tatkal passports. In terms of documentation and verification, people might only require a few additional documents for the tatkal application. However, tatkal passports take 1-3 days to get dispatched, and normal passports take up to 30 working days.
Documents required for tatkal application-
Applicants can apply for the tatkal passports by submitting three documents from this list.
How to apply for a
- Go to passportindia.gov.in website and click on New User Registration.
- Fill in the credentials and log in with your Id and password.
- Select the application option- Fresh or Re-issue.
- Choose the scheme- Normal or Tatkal
- Fill in the application form and submit it.
- Pay the fee, print the receipt, and book an appointment at your nearest Passport Service Kendra.
If a person's age is less than 15 years and wants to reissue his/her passport under the tatkal scheme, he/she needs to pay ₹3000.
(If the passport is not expired and the reason for reissue is lost/damaged, he/she needs to pay ₹5000)
If a person is 18 years and above and wants to reissue his/her passport under the tatkal scheme, he/she needs to pay ₹3500 for a 36-page booklet and ₹4000 for a 60-page booklet.
(If the passport is not expired and the reason for reissue is lost/damaged, he/she needs to pay ₹5000 for a 36-page booklet and ₹5500 for a 60-page booklet)
If a person is between 15 years and 18 years of age and wants to reissue his/her passport under the tatkal scheme, he/she needs to pay ₹3000 for the validity of 5 years/till 18 years.
If a person is between 15 years and 18 years of age and wants to reissue his/her passport under the tatkal scheme, he/she needs to pay ₹3500 for a 36-page booklet and ₹4000 for a 60-page booklet for the validity of 10 years
Click here to check the tatkal application fee structure to issue a fresh passport.
AdvertisementDigiYatra app will use facial recognition to make airport check-ins faster - here’s how to use it
In the WFH era, soft skills like public speaking and persuasion are not so essential after all
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts