Hyderabad rape case accused shot dead in an encounter and magisterial probe is ordered
- The four accused have been arrested four days back and were in police custody.
- The police had taken the accused to the scene of the crime to recreate the crime.
- As per sources, one of the accused snatched a pistol and made a bid to escape and that is how they were shot.
- Last week, the dead body of 27-year-old vet in Hyderabad was raped and burnt death on NH44.
AdvertisementIn a sensational development -- all the four accused in brutal rape case in Hyderabad -- were shot dead by the police in an early morning encounter. This is according to sources as reported by television channels. Last week, the dead body of 27-year-old vet was found burnt to death on NH44, angering citizens on the rising crime on women.
The four accused have been arrested four days back and were in police custody. However, in the wee hours of the day, the police had taken them to the scene of the crime --- to the highway to recreate the crime. As per sources, one of the accused snatched a pistol and made a bid to escape—which is when the police shot them down at around 4 am today.
A reporter told Republic TV channel that ideally accused are taken to recreate a crime in daylight. However, since there were protests and public attention around the case and the accused, they decided to take them during very early hours of the day.
The police department of Hyderabad is expected to hold a press conference to explain the incident. Reports are also emerging that a Magisterial probe has been ordered on the case since the four accused were in police custody when they had died.
The Hyderabad commissioner is also known to have reached the scene of the crime.
This is a developing story and will be duly updated.
Hyderabad vet who went missing is found charred to death on a national highway
Popular on BI
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%