Hyderabad rape case accused shot dead in an encounter and magisterial probe is ordered
- The four accused have been arrested four days back and were in police custody.
- The police had taken the accused to the scene of the crime to recreate the crime.
- As per sources, one of the accused snatched a pistol and made a bid to escape and that is how they were shot.
- Last week, the dead body of 27-year-old vet in Hyderabad was raped and burnt death on NH44.
The four accused have been arrested four days back and were in police custody. However, in the wee hours of the day, the police had taken them to the scene of the crime --- to the highway to recreate the crime. As per sources, one of the accused snatched a pistol and made a bid to escape—which is when the police shot them down at around 4 am today.
A reporter told Republic TV channel that ideally accused are taken to recreate a crime in daylight. However, since there were protests and public attention around the case and the accused, they decided to take them during very early hours of the day.
The police department of Hyderabad is expected to hold a press conference to explain the incident. Reports are also emerging that a Magisterial probe has been ordered on the case since the four accused were in police custody when they had died.
The Hyderabad commissioner is also known to have reached the scene of the crime.
This is a developing story and will be duly updated.
Hyderabad vet who went missing is found charred to death on a national highway
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry