ICICI Bank to reward 80k employees with up to 8% pay hike for work done during COVID-19
These employees form over 80 per cent of its overall workforce and the decision has been taken in recognition of the services rendered during the COVID-19 pandemic, the sources told .
The hike of up to 8 per cent is for the fiscal year 2020-21 and applicable from July onwards, the sources said.An e-mail sent to the bank did not elicit any response.
It can be noted that the development comes at a time when a slew of organisations have been forced to stall salary hikes or even cut salaries as they seek to get some control over costs.Reducing costs has become imperative because of the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has resulted in lockdowns across the country since late-March and has disrupted economic activities.
ICICI Bank had reported a 26 per cent surge in its March quarter net at Rs 1,221 crore on a standalone basis. AA BJ RAM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest
- Downloadable e-version of voter identity card to be launched on January 25