IIT-Kharagpur facilitates return of 35 students to hometown, more to follow
An institute spokesperson said at present, there aremore than 5,000 students residing inside the campus and out ofthem, close to 700 have expressed their desire to go home.
In the first installment, IIT-Kharagpur arranged fortwo buses to drop 35 students to Kolkata on Thursday andFriday.Students opting to go home have been advised to stayin self-isolation for two weeks, the spokesperson said.
Ankita Gupta, who recently reached her home atBasirhat in North 24 Parganas district, said, "... Being afirst year MSc student and with my friends already away fromthe campus, I felt being at home would be happier thoughcampus was safer."The majority of the students, however, have decided tostay back at the campus. SUSRBT RBT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted
- Google India to simplify Play Store policies for games people play on apps