IIT-Kharagpur facilitates return of 35 students to hometown, more to follow
An institute spokesperson said at present, there aremore than 5,000 students residing inside the campus and out ofthem, close to 700 have expressed their desire to go home.
In the first installment, IIT-Kharagpur arranged fortwo buses to drop 35 students to Kolkata on Thursday andFriday.
Students opting to go home have been advised to stayin self-isolation for two weeks, the spokesperson said.
Talking about the initiative, Kinjal Bhattacharyya, astudent at the Department of Chemistry said, "My decision tomove to Kolkata was to support my parents in daily activitiesduring this time of crisis. The institute was kind to makearrangements for medical checkups and travel in sanitiedbuses."
Ankita Gupta, who recently reached her home atBasirhat in North 24 Parganas district, said, "... Being afirst year MSc student and with my friends already away fromthe campus, I felt being at home would be happier thoughcampus was safer."
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- This startup offers ‘super’ healthy snacks for the price of Lay’s, Kurkure
- Indian moviegoers might stay home this August in spite of big releases, says survey
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen