India administers over 1 crore COVID-19 shots in a day for first time
This is the highest-ever vaccination achieved in a single day since the start of the vaccination drive.
In another significant achievement, India's Covid-19 vaccination coverage has crossed the 62 crore landmark and presently stands at 62,17,06,882, as per the provisional report of the Health Ministry.
AdvertisementHailing the feat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said: "Record vaccination numbers today! Crossing
Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said: "Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas - This is the same effort by which the country has crossed the figure of more than 1 crore vaccines in a day. The tireless work of health workers and PM Modi's determination to #SabkoVaccineMuftVaccine is paying off."
In a separate development, India has also crossed the landmark milestone of administering at least one dose of
India's dose administration rate was around 18 lakh per day before June 21. However, since June 21, it had gone up to almost half a crore per day.
Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Life Sciences' COVID-19 vaccine — here's all we know so far
Tata Motors is paying the price because Jaguar Land Rover has been slow in the EV race
Popular on BI
- Microsoft unveils Surface Duo 2 foldable phone with Snapdragon 888 and 5G
- Vodafone Idea, Zee Entertainment, Airtel and other top stocks to watch out for on September 23
- It’s good that India wants just two GST slabs but it has to ensure it doesn’t hurt consumers
- Best car seat for kids in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India