India clocked less than 20,000 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
India had reported 18,795 new cases on Tuesday and 19,859 on Monday.
With 378 deaths reported in the last 24 hours, India's cumulative
The decline in daily Covid cases was witnessed as Kerala, which has been reporting almost half of the total cases for the last few weeks, has improved marginally. According to the Union health Ministry's report, 11,196 new cases were registered in Kerala on Tuesday against 11,699 reported on Monday.
Maharashtra, which has the second highest daily Covid cases after Kerala, had registered 2,844 cases on Tuesday.
The country's active caseload further dropped to 2,82,520, according to the Union Health Ministry's data.
The active cases comprise 0.84 per cent of the total infections -- the lowest since March 2020 -- while the national Covid-19 recovery rate was recorded at 97.81 per cent -- the highest since March 2020.
A total of 3,29,86,180 Covid infected patients recovered, out of which 28,178 were discharged in the last 24 hours.
The cumulative number of Covid vaccine doses administered in the country crossed 87 crore (87,66,63,490), out of which 54,13,332 were administered in the last 24 hours, according to the ministry's report.
Only five states -- Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Mizoram -- are currently reporting more than 1,000 cases every day. In three states -- Bihar, Rajasthan and Jharkhand, and union territories -- Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, and also Chandigarh -- the active case count has fallen below 100.
Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC IPO opens today, analysts bet high on the growing mutual fund industry
Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2