India clocked less than 20,000 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
India had reported 18,795 new cases on Tuesday and 19,859 on Monday.
With 378 deaths reported in the last 24 hours, India's cumulative
AdvertisementThe decline in daily Covid cases was witnessed as Kerala, which has been reporting almost half of the total cases for the last few weeks, has improved marginally. According to the Union health Ministry's report, 11,196 new cases were registered in Kerala on Tuesday against 11,699 reported on Monday.
Maharashtra, which has the second highest daily Covid cases after Kerala, had registered 2,844 cases on Tuesday.
The country's active caseload further dropped to 2,82,520, according to the Union Health Ministry's data.
The active cases comprise 0.84 per cent of the total infections -- the lowest since March 2020 -- while the national Covid-19 recovery rate was recorded at 97.81 per cent -- the highest since March 2020.
A total of 3,29,86,180 Covid infected patients recovered, out of which 28,178 were discharged in the last 24 hours.
The cumulative number of Covid vaccine doses administered in the country crossed 87 crore (87,66,63,490), out of which 54,13,332 were administered in the last 24 hours, according to the ministry's report.
AdvertisementOnly five states -- Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Mizoram -- are currently reporting more than 1,000 cases every day. In three states -- Bihar, Rajasthan and Jharkhand, and union territories -- Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, and also Chandigarh -- the active case count has fallen below 100.
Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC IPO opens today, analysts bet high on the growing mutual fund industry
Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns
Popular on BI
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term
- IPL to Covid vaccine — Here’s what Indians searched on Google the most in 2021
- Best ultrawide monitors in India
- INTERVIEW: Old-school regulatory framework for traditional assets won’t work for cryptocurrencies and blockchain, says CrossTower CEO