India depended on others to solve its problems, it's now working to solve global problems: President Murmu
Droupadi Murmusaid 'Amrit Kaal' is the time to build an India which is 'aatmanirbhar' (self reliant).
- It will be an India with no poverty and a prosperous middle class and whose youth and women are at the vanguard of guiding the nation.
- While India used to depend on others to solve its problems, it is now working to solve global problems
President Droupadi Murmu on Tuesday urged people to put in their best to build in the next 25 years a developed India connected to its past glory and containing every golden chapter of modernity.
In her first address to the joint sitting of
It will be an India with no poverty and a prosperous middle class and whose youth and women are at the vanguard of guiding the nation, the president said, amid frequent thumping of desks by lawmakers at the Central Hall of Parliament.
Under the nearly nine years of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government, the country has seen many positive changes, she said, adding that the biggest change is that the self-confidence of every Indian is at its peak and the world has changed the way it looks at India.
While India used to depend on others to solve its problems, it is now working to solve global problems, Murmu, India's first tribal president, said.
People have been given basic amenities missing for decades and modern infrastructure that society long aspired for is being built across the country, the president said. She cited the expansion of digital networks and the crackdown on corruption during the Modi government's tenure.
"India now has a government which is stable, fearless and decisive and which works to fulfil big dreams. It has a government which respects honesty and works to solve the poor's problems and empower them permanently," she said.
The government has fulfilled the aspirations of the deprived sections of society, the president said.
Indian economy retains its crown as a bright spot: IMF report
Inflation in India expected to come down to 5 pc in 2023 and 4 pc in 2024: IMF
Popular on BI
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts