India has 20 Covid-19 hotspots and 20 more potential ones
The ministry stated this in an advisory issued to the states on mobilisation and training of human resource for management of the viral outbreak.
"Although there is no evidence of widespread community transmission, 20 existing and 22 potential hotspots have been identified. The containment measures to break the cycle of transmission and clinical management of those affected would require large human resources," it stated.
AdvertisementThe ministry said that enhanced deployment of human resources is required in clinical management, surveillance, psycho-social care, management of quarantine, isolation facilities, logistics and supply chain.
It said that human resources pooled from various sources will be assigned for such roles. "Such identified HR needs to be trained online using online training programs developed by the
Each state has been directed to identify and designate a nodal officer for training. The officer will coordinate all training activities in the state.
For COVID-19 management, the district administration will also pool-in the requisite human resources.
"Such pooled human resources would stay in the containment zone till the containment operations are over," the minister further added in the document.
The advisory added, "For isolation areas, in addition to training all hospital staff, dentists and AYUSH practitioners available should also be trained. Retired doctors and other healthcare professionals should be identified to work in non-covid areas."
AdvertisementIt stated quarantine facilities are meant to house asymptomatic cases and the number identified and trained manpower should be equal to the number of COVID-19 warriors.
SEE ALSO: Coronavirus cases in India state wise
Coronavirus reaches Mumbai slums, a 52-year-old sanitization worker tests positive in Dharavi
Popular on BI
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- Best ultrawide monitors in India
- INTERVIEW: Old-school regulatory framework for traditional assets won’t work for cryptocurrencies and blockchain, says CrossTower CEO
- Omicron variant: Number of suspects mounts to 37 in Delhi, 28 test positive for COVID-19
- Delhivery gets closer to drone delivery with the acquisition of an American company
- 64 new posts created for Ministry of Cooperation from CSS and CSSS, says Union government