India records 22,854 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily tally this year
The country last recorded such an increase in daily cases 76 days ago on December 25 when it registered 23,067 infections in a day.
The death toll increased to 1,58,189 with 126 daily new fatalities, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The total active cases have increased to 1,89,226 which now comprises 1.68 per cent of the total infections.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 1,09,38,146 which translates to a national COVID-19 recovery rate of 96.92 per cent, while the case fatality rate stands at 1.40 per cent, the data stated.
India's COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16.It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
According to the ICMR, 22,42,58,293 samples have been tested up to March 10 with 7,78,416 samples being tested on Wednesday.
The 126 new fatalities include 54 from
A total of 1,58,189 deaths have been reported so far in the country including 52,610 from Maharashtra followed by 12,530 from
The health ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities.
Advertisement"Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research," the ministry said on its website, adding that state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.
Nissan's Magnite vs Renault's Kiger: specifications, price, features compared
Gartner predicts 75% of VCs will be using AI instead of their ‘gut feel’ to make decisions by 2025 — here are the companies already walking down that path
After SBI, Axis Bank launches its own line of wearable payment devices that only cost $10 a piece
If you are a YouTube creator, you may have to pay $24 as tax for every $100 you make
Popular on BI
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Samsung launches S23 Fan Edition with Exynos 2200 in India
- Vivo launches V29 and V29 Pro to take on Nothing Phone 2, OnePlus 11R this festive season
- Job skills to change majorly by 2030 as AI inputs speed up
- Eating eggs daily: A nutritional powerhouse for your diet
- Koffee with Karan Season 8 is coming back with a Konscience