India records highest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day since the beginning of pandemic
This is even as daily infections have been steadily showing a downward trend -- with 94,052 fresh Covid infections reported in a day -- less than one lakh for the third straight day.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
India earlier registered highest fatalities due to
AdvertisementSince May 14, India has recorded over 1 lakh deaths.
On June 8, India recorded 86,498 cases, lowest since April 2 when the country logged 89,129 new cases.
India's overall tally of Covid-19 cases now stands at 2,91,83,121 with 11,67,952 active cases and 3,59,676 deaths so far.
After battling a brutal second wave for weeks, fresh Covid cases came down below the three lakh-mark for the first time on May 17 after touching record high of 4,14,188 on May 7.
According to the
The Health Ministry said that a total of 24,27,26,693 people have been vaccinated so far in the country, including 33,79,261 who were administered vaccines in the last 24 hours.
AdvertisementAccording to the
Here are the coolest iOS 15 features coming to iPhones
After El Salvador, Paraguay considers Bitcoin adoption
Google, Microsoft, Apple and many others are hiring for various IT roles in India —data scientists and cloud architects in high demand
- Best sound quality earphones in India
- Manchester City, PSG, Barcelona, AC Milan and other football clubs are launching crypto tokens to rein in more revenue
- Paytm ropes in Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan as bankers for upcoming IPO — there may be more along the way
- Best cable protector and wire organizer clips
- Best office chairs for working from home In India