India reports over 2 lakh cases for a second consecutive day but recovery rate is over 95%
- India records over 2,64,202 fresh COVID-19 cases and 315 deaths in the span of 24 hours.
- The Omicron tally in India also climbed to 5,753 cases.
- Around 1,09,345 people have been recovered so far in the last 24 hours.
|Date||COVID-19 cases registered|
Around 315 people succumbed to COVID-19 yesterday, taking the tally to 4,85,350, as per the health ministry. The death toll has reportedly increased over 70% in the last seven days compared to the week before that.
Around 1,09,345 people have been recovered so far in the last 24 hours. The recovery rate also stands at 95.20%, according to the data by the Union Health Ministry.
The Omicron tally in India also climbed to 5,753 cases reported in 28 states with Maharashtra remaining to be the worst-hit state with 1,367 Omicron cases, followed by Rajasthan with 792 cases and Delhi with 549 cases.
Meanwhile, the daily positivity rate currently stands has also gone up from 13% to 14.7%, as the country is witnessing a sudden surge in COVID-19 cases.
India has inoculated 73,08,669 COVID-19 vaccination doses in the last 24 hours, taking the tally to more than 155 crore COVID-19 doses so far.
More than 15.17 crore balance and unutilised COVID-19 vaccine doses are still available with the states and union territories to be administered, according to the health ministry as of Wednesday morning.
Premiums on new life insurance premiums for both term plans and endowment are rising
iOS 15 running on 72% of all iPhones from last 4 years
Popular on BI
- Best 27-inch Full HD monitors in India
- Best printers to print, scan and copy at home or office
- Best large capacity refrigerators for home in India
- Best mice for MOBA games in India
- Best frost-free refrigerators in India