India registers 1,61,736 new COVID-19 cases and 879 deaths in last 24 hours
With this, India has once again taken its spot as the second-worst hit nation in terms of infections after the US.
In the same period, an additional 879 people succumbed to the disease, which increased the total death toll to 1,71,058.
AdvertisementIndia is now the fourth-worst Covid affected country worldwide after the number of active cases rose to 12,64,698.
A total of 97,168 patients recovered in the last 24 hours, taking the number of recoveries to 1,22,53,697 with a recovery rate of 89.51 per cent.
The Health Ministry said that a total of 14,00,122 samples were tested in the last 24 hours.
So far, 25,92,07,108 samples have been tested.
A total of 40,04,521 people were vaccinated also in the same period, taking the total inoculation count to 10,85,33,085.
Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani cumulatively lost nearly $7 billion as the markets plunged
RBI’s G-SAP 1.0 is certainly a much needed demand lever to support the government borrowing programme
Elon Musk-owned internet service Starlink’s India entry under scrutiny of DoT, report suggests
TCS has broken many records in the last three months — but that isn't good enough for the market
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16