India reports 3604 new coronavirus cases on May 12 — total infections crosses 70,000 mark
- The total number of positive cases is now at 70,756, of which 46,009 are active cases and 22,454 have recovered.
- Of the total cases 2,293 have died.
- Maharashtra is the worst hit state with 23401 total coronavirus cases, followed by Gujarat (8,541) and Tamil Nadu (8,002)
AdvertisementIndia reported 3,604 fresh cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website update said on May 12 at 8.00am.
Coronavirus update on May 12
|Total confirmed cases||70756|
Maharashtra is the worst hit state with 23401 total coronavirus cases, followed by Gujarat (8541) and Tamil Nadu (8002)
Despite the hike, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 11 hinted at a gradual lockdown withdrawal and said social distancing is the biggest weapon in the COVID-19 fight.
Here are the top highlights:
- Ahmedabad reports 268 fresh cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours
Ahmedabad on May 11 reported 268 of the 347 new cases reported from across the state. Ahmedabad was followed by Vadodara (29), Surat (19), Gandhinagar (10), Panchmahals and Banaskantha (4 each), Bharuch, Sabarkantha, Jamnagar, Patan, Jamnagar and Botad (3 each), Anand and Mehsana (2 each) and Bhavnagar, Narmada and Aravalli (1 each).
- Madhya Pradesh reports 171 new coronavirus cases
Bhopal also reported 31 new patients, followed by Neemuch 15, Jabalpur,10 in , Khargone 8, Burhanpur 5, Khandwa 3, Dewas 5, four each in Gwalior and Sagar, two in Bhind, one each in Satna, Rewa, Ashok Nagar, Jhabua and Sehore.
Odisha reports 37 more COVID-19 cases, total rises to 4141
Odisha recorded 37 more COVID-19 cases on Monday, raising the total number of coronavirus cases in the state to 414. Of the fresh cases, 29 were reported from Ganjam district and all of them have been identified as Surat returnees, the Health and Family Welfare Department said.
17 patients recovered from the disease on May 11 and the overall figure of the cured rose to 85. Ganjam, with 154 COVID-19 cases, accounts for 37.2% of the state's coronavirus positive count.
- 2 more BSF personnel test COVID-19 positive in Tripura
"In a massive COVID19 test among 750 civilians and BSF in Dhalai dist today, 2 BSF officials were found COVID-19 positive. All patients are responding well to the treatment. With the blessings of Mata Tripurasundari soon our state will be corona free," Deb tweeted.
- Thirty-nine people of Bihar test positive for COVID-19
"We are ascertaining their infection trail," Bihar Health Department's Principal Secretary Sanjay Kumar said. Six of the new patients have returned from outside the state recently.
(With inputs from agencies)
SEE ALSO: 86% Indian consumers are worried about repaying loans after moratorium, says a new BCG survey
Popular on BI
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- Car prices set to rise in January – Should you buy one in December?
- The Sharing Economy
- Credit metrics of India Inc. to improve in October-December quarter: ICRA
- It is never too early to introduce kids to money concepts
- Ambulances ready, road being repaired to rush workers trapped in Silkyara tunnel to hospital