India reports 3604 new coronavirus cases on May 12 — total infections crosses 70,000 mark
- The total number of positive cases is now at 70,756, of which 46,009 are active cases and 22,454 have recovered.
- Of the total cases 2,293 have died.
- Maharashtra is the worst hit state with 23401 total coronavirus cases, followed by Gujarat (8,541) and Tamil Nadu (8,002)
AdvertisementIndia reported 3,604 fresh cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website update said on May 12 at 8.00am.
Coronavirus update on May 12
|Total confirmed cases||70756|
Maharashtra is the worst hit state with 23401 total coronavirus cases, followed by Gujarat (8541) and Tamil Nadu (8002)
Despite the hike, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 11 hinted at a gradual lockdown withdrawal and said social distancing is the biggest weapon in the COVID-19 fight.
Here are the top highlights:
- Ahmedabad reports 268 fresh cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours
Ahmedabad on May 11 reported 268 of the 347 new cases reported from across the state. Ahmedabad was followed by Vadodara (29), Surat (19), Gandhinagar (10), Panchmahals and Banaskantha (4 each), Bharuch, Sabarkantha, Jamnagar, Patan, Jamnagar and Botad (3 each), Anand and Mehsana (2 each) and Bhavnagar, Narmada and Aravalli (1 each).
- Madhya Pradesh reports 171 new coronavirus cases
Bhopal also reported 31 new patients, followed by Neemuch 15, Jabalpur,10 in , Khargone 8, Burhanpur 5, Khandwa 3, Dewas 5, four each in Gwalior and Sagar, two in Bhind, one each in Satna, Rewa, Ashok Nagar, Jhabua and Sehore.
Odisha reports 37 more COVID-19 cases, total rises to 4141
Odisha recorded 37 more COVID-19 cases on Monday, raising the total number of coronavirus cases in the state to 414. Of the fresh cases, 29 were reported from Ganjam district and all of them have been identified as Surat returnees, the Health and Family Welfare Department said.
17 patients recovered from the disease on May 11 and the overall figure of the cured rose to 85. Ganjam, with 154 COVID-19 cases, accounts for 37.2% of the state's coronavirus positive count.
- 2 more BSF personnel test COVID-19 positive in Tripura
"In a massive COVID19 test among 750 civilians and BSF in Dhalai dist today, 2 BSF officials were found COVID-19 positive. All patients are responding well to the treatment. With the blessings of Mata Tripurasundari soon our state will be corona free," Deb tweeted.
- Thirty-nine people of Bihar test positive for COVID-19
"We are ascertaining their infection trail," Bihar Health Department's Principal Secretary Sanjay Kumar said. Six of the new patients have returned from outside the state recently.
(With inputs from agencies)
SEE ALSO: 86% Indian consumers are worried about repaying loans after moratorium, says a new BCG survey
Popular on BI
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- NSE, BSE put Adani Green Energy under second stage of longterm ASM framework from Mar 28
- Two multibagger stocks under Nifty500 doubled investors money in last six months
- Disney's first job cut round begins this week, 7,000 employees to be hit: CEO
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: HDFC, Tata Motors among stocks to watch
- A fifth of Indians feel sleepy at work, future worries keep ‘em awake