India clocks the most infections in a day since May as active cases cross a million
- India records over 2,47,417 fresh COVID-19 cases and 380 deaths in the span of 24 hours.
- The Omicron tally in India also climbed to 5,488 cases.
- Around 60,405 people have been recovered so far in the last 24 hours.
AdvertisementIndia has recorded 2,47,417 new COVID-19 cases, which is 27% higher than the previous day, and it is the highest single-day spike since May 2021. Currently, the active caseload of the country stands at 11,17,531 cases, crossing a million on Thursday.
Around 2,11,298 COVID-19 cases were reported in a single day on May 26 last year during the crucial second wave in the country.
|Date||COVID-19 cases registered|
Around 380 people succumbed to COVID-19 yesterday, taking the tally to 4,85,035, as per the health ministry. The death toll has reportedly increased over 70% in the last seven days compared to the week before that.
Around 84,825 people have been recovered so far in the last 24 hours. The recovery rate also stands at 95.59%, according to the data by the Union Health Ministry.
The Omicron tally in India also climbed to 5,488 cases reported in 28 states with Maharashtra remaining to be the worst-hit state with 1,367 Omicron cases, followed by Rajasthan with 792 cases and Delhi with 549 cases. Around 2,162 people have recovered so far.
Meanwhile, the daily positivity rate currently stands at 13%, as the country is witnessing a sudden surge in COVID-19 cases.
India has inoculated 76,32,024 COVID-19 vaccination doses in the last 24 hours, taking the tally to more than 154 crore COVID-19 doses so far.
TCS shareholders cheer share buyback and strong growth
Popular on BI
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip