Indian government says lockdown won’t be extended beyond 21 days
- Indian government has denied all claims of extending the
- This comes after government run- Prasar Bharti News Services flagged a report by The Print calling it fake news.
- The Print reported a potential increase in the extension period of the nationwide lockdown by a week, citing unnamed official sources.
The first to flag off a report by The Print which suggested an extension was the government run- Prasar Bharti News Services. The Print report said that there could be a potential increase in the extension period of the nationwide lockdown by a week, citing unnamed official sources. After that, several government handles tweeted that there would be no extension.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Alert : There are rumours & media reports, claiming that the Government will extend the #Lockdown21 when it expire… https://t.co/gEhicfagST— PIB India #StayHome #StaySafe (@PIB_India) 1585541614000
AdvertisementPM Narendra Modi on March 24 announced a 3-week nationwide lockdown to contain
Previously, Modi announced a voluntary “Janata Curfew” on March 22.
While most of the cities wore a deserted look , thousands of migrants in New Delhi were seen rushing to the Uttar Pradesh border in hopes of getting home. With cases growing day by day, pictures of crowded Anand Vihar Bus Terminal sent chills down one’s spine.
The lockdown has shut doors of thousands of businesses running across the country which are non-essential. Only selected services including grocery stores, pharmacy and milk shops are permitted to remain open.
So far (March 30), India reported 1024 coronavirus cases. Out of which, 96 patients have recovered and 27 died. Delhi alone reported 23 new cases, taking the total number of cases to 72.
Latest update on coronavirus in India
Harrowing pictures show hundreds of thousands of migrant workers flocking to state borders in India despite nationwide lock down
To break the COVID-19 chain, Mumbai locals stopped working; it is now using social media to reiterate the importance of social distancing
- SBI, Airtel, Adani Enterprises, TCS and other top stocks to watch out for on August 4
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox