India's coal production up 16.4% so far in 2022-23
During the same period of the last financial year, the output was 522.34 million tonnes.
State-owned Coal India reported coal production of 479.05 million tonnes up to December, as compared to 413.63 million tonnes during the same period of last year, representing an increase of 15.82%.
Besides, the Ministry of Coal's amendment of the Mineral Concession (Amendment) Rules, 1960 under
"The Ministry is taking steps to augment rail connectivity infrastructure for all major mines under PM
With an objective to enhance the coal production capacity, it has put 141 new coal blocks for commercial auction and has been engaging regularly with various coal companies in the country and monitoring their production.
Rupee gains 9 paise to 82.69 against US dollar
Additional restrictions can't be imposed on freedom of speech of lawmakers: SC
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg