Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde — his key verdicts and other unknown details
Present Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi on October 18 has recommended second senior-most judge Justice Bobde as his successor.
The following are some of the key verdicts that Justice Bobde— who hails from a family lawyers in Nagpur— has been part of and cases where he expressed his views on.
‘Aadhaar not mandatory for basic services’
Rejected the termination of foetusAdvertisement
Banned a book for outraging religion
Suspended cracker sales ahead of DiwaliAdvertisement
Next in line: Ayodhya verdict
- Ahead of farmers Republic Day tractor parade, thousands of police personnel deployed in Ghaziabad
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q3 profit rises 16% to ₹1,854 crore on low provisions for bad loans
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai pledges $150 million for COVID-19 vaccine education and distribution
- COVID-19 vaccine recipient dies after getting jab in California
- India, Pakistan spar over minority rights at the UN General Assembly