Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde — his key verdicts and other unknown details
Present Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi on October 18 has recommended second senior-most judge Justice Bobde as his successor.
The following are some of the key verdicts that Justice Bobde— who hails from a family lawyers in Nagpur— has been part of and cases where he expressed his views on.
‘Aadhaar not mandatory for basic services’
Rejected the termination of foetusAdvertisement
Banned a book for outraging religion
Suspended cracker sales ahead of DiwaliAdvertisement
Next in line: Ayodhya verdict
- After SBI, HDFC Bank issues restructuring guidelines for retail loans
- Mumbai Central Railway introduces 68 additional local train services from today
- In India, COVID-19 recoveries are surpassing new cases for six days now
- California pledges to ban sale of new petrol passenger vehicles by 2035
- Facebook partners with sixth VC firm in India – Matrix Partners to scale small businesses