Kerala becomes the first state to fix a floor price for vegetables — farmers to get 20% above the production cost
The floor price will be 20 per cent above the
He said this while launching the scheme announcing the floor price for 16 varieties of vegetables, which would come into effect from November 1, often referred to Kerala Formation Day.
"This is the
He said the local self-government bodies will have an important role to play in this scheme as they would be coordinating the procurement and distribution of vegetables.
"Farmers can register on the agriculture department's registration portal after insuring the
Kerala over the years has been solely dependent on neighbouring states for its vegetable requirements and in recent times the state's production has doubled to 14.72 lakh metric tonnes.
With this new feature, the target is to increase the production by an additional one lakh metric tonne each of vegetables and tuber crops this year.
These are the 10 most-affected countries with the highest number of COVID-19 cases
Popular on BI
- Bitcoin mining generates 30.7 kilotons e-waste annually – enough to cover Luxembourg’s e-waste five times
- The success story of Cyrus Poonawalla: The vaccine king who is one of the world’s richest billionaires
- Dinesh Karthik is set to make his ‘special comeback’ — Check out his performance in international matches
- Best laptop bags for women to ensure easy carrying
- Best HDR 10 support monitors in India