Kerala hikes allowance to transgenders for sex-change surgeries
The Keralagovernment on Monday said it had enhanced the allowance given to transgenders for sex-change surgeries and set aside ₹50 lakh for the purpose. Health Minister KK Shailajasaid hitherto the amount was Rs 2 lakh for each beneficiary.
Health Minister KK Shailaja said hitherto the amount was Rs 2 lakh for each beneficiary.
"For those who want to undergo surgery to become males, a maximum of Rs 2 lakh was given. But due to the number of surgeries and mounting expenses involved, this amount has now been increased to Rs 5 lakh. Likewise, those who want to undergo corrective surgery to become females, the amount has been fixed at Rs 2.50 lakh," said Shailaja.
Kerala was the first state to formulate a
A breast cancer drug shows promise to change prostate cancer treatment
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms