Lawyers move SC seeking govt scheme for payment of office rent during lockdown
Petitioner Aljo K Joseph has filed his petition through advocate Sachin Sharma, both members of the executive committee of the apex court lawyers' body, contending that due to nationwide lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus, they are not able to practice.
"Since there is no financial protection given to lawyers and other professionals by the government of India, the present petition has been filed to urge grievances and hardship caused to the lawyers and professionals in this country due to the COVID 19 and unavoidable lockdown pursuant to the epidemic situation in India," the plea said.It said that as the Centre declared the lockdown without any consultation with any of the professional associations, no specific steps have been taken by it to extend any help to support the working persons.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins