Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
Stalin impressed on his cabinet colleagues and officials that farmers, agriculture experts and farmers associations should be consulted for the farm budget, which would be a first of its kind exercise in the state's history.
The agriculture budget should incorporate schemes that would nurture farming and ensure ryots getting benefits commensurate with their hard work, Stalin advised ministers and top state officials, a government release here said.
In the run-up to the April 6 Assembly polls, the DMK had promised a seperate farm budget.
As regards the general budget, economists, industry captains, representatives of industries, traders, micro, small and medium enterprises and fishermen associations should be consulted.
The budget documents should be based on the feedback from stakeholders benefitting all sections of society and usher in a "renaissance in the lives of the Tamil Nadu people," the Chief Minister advised.The DMK assumed power in May when the second wave of coronavirus was at the peak and an announcement on the budget session of the Assembly is expected. VGN SS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- OnePlus blames voltage fluctuation after a user reports Nord 2 charger explosion
- Dropbox's billionaire founder Drew Houston says the 40-hour office week is a thing of the past and the pandemic has changed work forever
- Facebook pumping $50 million into its metaverse project is another sign that Zuckerberg doesn’t want to miss the crypto bus
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns