Lockdown: Kolkata tipplers pay hefty overcharge to buy liquor in black market
Liquor outlets and bars are shut in West Bengal sinceMarch 25.In areas like Salt Lake and Dumdum, foreign andcountry-made liquor is being sold several times the MRP.
West Bengal Foreign Liquor, Country spirit, OFF and ONHotel Owners' Association secretary Gautam Mukherjee said, "Wehave told our members to abide by the government guidelines.We will wait for the government to allow the liquor shops toreopen.""Whatever the bootleggers are doing is a social crimeand we urge the government to take strict action against them.The closure of liquor outlets and bars is important in thepresent situation," he said.
The monthly consumption of foreign liquor in WestBengal is one crore bulk litre and that of country-made liquoris 1.2 crore bulk litre, Mukherjee said.One bulk litre is equivalent to 12 litres, he said.In West Bengal, there are more than 2,000 'OFF' shopsor liquor outlets, 1,400 bars and 500 'ON' shops were food isserved along with liquor, besides 1,000 outlets selling onlycountry-made liquor, Mukherjee added. DCACD ACD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing