Maha: 38-year-old policeman dies of COVID-19 in Palghar
The deceased, a police naik, was a resident of Murbad taluka in neighbouring Thane district. He was attached to the Valiv police station at Vasai in Palghar.
After he tested positive for coronavirus, he was admitted to a hospital where he was undergoing treatment.He was on ventilator support since the last two-three days and died on Monday, Palghar police spokesperson Sachin Navadkar said. Advertisement
District Collector Dr Kailas Shinde in a message condoled the death of the policeman.
Navadkar said 135 personnel in the district have so far tested positive for coronavirus and two of them have died.Earlier, a 40-year-old hawaldar died of coronavirus here last month.
Till now, 130 police personnel have been discharged after recovery while 30 are currently undergoing treatment in hospitals, the spokesperson said. COR GK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Best neckband headphones for a rich audio experience
- India’s first private player to successfully test a homegrown rocket engine is on track for its first full rocket launch by 2021
- Hiring is on a slow rise in India, but the numbers are nowhere close to pre-COVID levels
- Microsoft confirms Xbox Series X to launch in November
- Hero Moto’s lost sales will take a toll on its earnings — profit likely to fall over 88% in the first quarter