Maha: 38-year-old policeman dies of COVID-19 in Palghar
The deceased, a police naik, was a resident of Murbad taluka in neighbouring Thane district. He was attached to the Valiv police station at Vasai in Palghar.
After he tested positive for coronavirus, he was admitted to a hospital where he was undergoing treatment.He was on ventilator support since the last two-three days and died on Monday, Palghar police spokesperson Sachin Navadkar said.
Navadkar said 135 personnel in the district have so far tested positive for coronavirus and two of them have died.Earlier, a 40-year-old hawaldar died of coronavirus here last month.
Till now, 130 police personnel have been discharged after recovery while 30 are currently undergoing treatment in hospitals, the spokesperson said. COR GK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Education, skill, research, innovation second biggest focus of budget after health: PM at webinar on budget provisions for higher education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- Union Budget has broadened our efforts to link education with employability and entrepreneurial capability:PM Modi at webinar on education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- India records 14,989 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Patient with underlying disease dies after getting AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in South Korea
- Word-of-mouth has helped us grow in India, our community members are our best marketers: Taru Kapoor, Tinder