Maha: Sports complex to be converted into COVID care centre
The Divisional Sports Complex, spread over 28 acres in Garkheda area of the city, is one of the biggest sports facilities in the state's Marathwada region.
The Aurangabad Municipal Corporation has acquired the sports complex to convert into a COVID care centre and a quarantine facility, civic health officer Neeta Padalkar told ."We can arrange about 300 beds for COVID-19 patients at this centre. The complex will also act as a quarantine facility where nearly 700 coronavirus suspects can be accommodated," she said. Advertisement
The total number COVID-19 cases in Aurangabad district reached 5,239 after 202 more people tested positive for the disease on Monday morning, another official said.
The new patients include 123 males and 79 females.Out of 202 new cases, 114 are from Aurangabad city and 88 from rural areas of the district, the official said.
Till now, 247 patients have died of COVID-19 in the district.Besides, 2,556 patients have been discharged after recovery while 2,436 patients are currently undergoing treatment, the official added. AW GK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Poco M2 Pro vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max – Which device should you buy?
- 52 killed in Japan due to torrential rain
- Amazon shares top $3,000 for first time
- After travelling 400 km for treatment, baby dies within hours of testing COVID-19 positive
- Government to release safety guidelines for shooting films amid coronavirus
- Interstate Travel
- Chinese Apps
- India China Border Images
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lunar Eclipse in India
- Covid-19 Patient
- Acharya Balakrishna
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- IIT Delhi
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Chinese App FAQ
- Chinese App Alternatives
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- lunar Eclipse July