These are the states that will get a big chunk of the 50,000 ventilators from the PM CARES Fund
- The Indian government has allocated ₹2,000 crore from the PM CARES Fund Trust to supply 50000 ‘Made-in-India’ ventilators
- Of these ventilators, 2923 have already been manufactured — of which 1340 ventilators to hospitals in Maharashtra (275), Delhi (275), Gujarat (175), Bihar (100), Karnataka (90), Rajasthan (75).
- Moreover, another 14,000 ventilators will be delivered to all States/UTs by the end of this month.
AdvertisementThe Indian government has allocated ₹2,000 crore from the PM CARES Fund Trust to supply 50000 ‘Made-in-India’ ventilators to several government run covid-hospitals across the country.
“Out of the 50000 ventilators, 30000 ventilators are being manufactured by M/s Bharat Electronics Limited. The remaining 20000 ventilators are being manufactured by AgVa Healthcare (10000), AMTZ Basic (5650), AMTZ High End (4000) and Allied Medical (350),” a Press Information Bureau release said.
The government says it has delivered 1340 ventilators
विगत 70 सालों में पूरे हिंदुस्तान में सरकारी एवं निजी अस्पतालों में कुल 47,000 ventilators थे।आज प्रधानमंत्री श्री… https://t.co/cFWJdMohi0— Sambit Patra (@sambitswaraj) 1592205641000
Moreover, another 14,000 ventilators will be delivered to all States/UTs by the end of this month.
The move came at a time when the BJP government is under fire for not disclosing the balance for the PM CARES fund, set up on March 28, to fight coronavirus in the country.
Popular on BI
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days