Maharashtra Government allows reopening of cinema halls with 50% capacity, swimming pools, and yoga centres from November 5
- The cinema halls are allowed to open
outside containment zones, with 50% of their seating capacity.
- The government said, “the Cultural Affairs Department will take into consideration the SOP issued by
the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. ‘
- The government has also allowed Cinema halls, drama theatres, swimming pools and yoga institutes in the state to reopen outside containment zones.
AdvertisementNearly 3 weeks after the central government decision,
Here’s what the order from the
- Cinema halls/theatres/multiplexes/drama theatres will be allowed to open with 50% of their seating capacity in areas outside the Containment Zones only with effect from November 5, 2020
- No eatables will be allowed inside the Cinema halls/theatres/multiplexes/drama theatres.
- The SOP for the same will be issued by
the Cultural Affairs Departmentand local authorities.
- The Cultural Affairs Department will take into consideration the SOP issued by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Further, all norms of social distancing and precaution to prevent COVID -19 shall be followed.
The government has also allowed cinema halls, drama theatres, swimming pools and yoga institutes in the state to reopen outside containment zones from November 5. All these establishments were closed since lockdown was imposed to contain coronavirus in March.
Last month, the state had allowed hotels and bars to reopen. Other than that, the government said, the remaining lockdown restrictions have already been extended till November 30.
SEE ALSO: Here’s when we will know the 2020 US election results
Ratan Tata, Mukesh Ambani and Uday Kotak to be a part of PM Modi's Virtual Global Investor Roundtable on Thursday
Popular on BI
- More emissions reduction targets will help Indian fossil fuel giants, IEEFA reports
- Microsoft joins hands with MSDE, CBC to train 2.5 mn civil servants in India
- Best RO water purifier for home in India
- Hyundai launched its premium SUV Tucson in India with automated sensing technology - check details here
- Drive to plant 100,000 mangroves in proximity to Sundarbans in Bangladesh