‘Mahashay’ Dharampal Gulati, owner of MDH, passes away at 98
According to reports, he was undergoing post-COVID treatment and suffered a cardiac arrest Thursday morning.
Popularly known as "Spice King", Gulati was awarded the Padma Bhushan, the country's third-highest civilian award, in 2019.
The 'Mahashian Di Hatti' (MDH) was founded by his late father Mahashay Chunni Lal Gulati.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal paid his tributes to the popular personality.
"Dharm Pal ji was very inspiring personality. He dedicated his life for the society. God bless his soul," he tweeted.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Twitter, "India''s most inspiring entrepreneur, MDH owner Dharm Pal Mahashay passed away this morning. I have never met such an inspiring and lively soul. May his soul rest in peace."
Dharm Pal ji was very inspiring personality. He dedicated his life for the society. God bless his soul. https://t.co/gORaAi3nD9— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) 1606964794000
India's most inspiring entrepreneur,MDH owner Dharm Pal Mahashay passed away this morning. I have never met such… https://t.co/XYzw38QCKg— Manish Sisodia (@msisodia) 1606964590000
Mahashay Dharampal Gulati ji was an iconic entrepreneur and an inspiration to many. Lost everything to partition,… https://t.co/txymA9iD8x— Naveen Jindal (@MPNaveenJindal) 1606967798000
Deeply saddened to learn about the demise of the Founder of #MDH 'Mahashay' Dharampal Gulati ji. Our sincere condol… https://t.co/UElyzbgAA4— Achyuta Samanta (@achyuta_samanta) 1606969042000
(with PTI inputs)
- 'Democracy has prevailed' says Joe Biden as he takes oath as the 46th President of the United States
- PM Modi congratulates Joe Biden, says he looks forward to strengthen India-US partnership
- Democracy has prevailed, says US President Joe Biden in his first speech. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Joe Biden takes oath as 46th US President amidst unprecedented security. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Kamala Devi Harris creates history as she takes oath as Vice President of USA