Man dies due to COVID-19 in Bihar, state tally surges to 1,326 with 148 new cases,
The COVID-19 tally in Bihar jumped to 1,326 with state capital Patna topping the list at 164 confirmed cases, followed by Munger at 126.
"6 more Covid-19 positive cases in Bihar taking the total to 1,326... We are ascertaining the trail of infection. This data is of last night but received in the morning," Health Department, Principal Secretary, Sanjay Kumar, said in a tweet on Monday.
The state government had reported 142 new cases late on Sunday night.
A 55-year-old diabetic migrant worker, who fell illafter returning to Bihar from Mumbai and died before hissample was collected and tested positive for the deadly virus, became the state's eighth COVID-19 fatality.
The deceased died in the early hours of May 15, aftersuffering "cardio pulmonary arrest", at a hospital in Khagaria district, Kumar said on Sunday evening.
He had come along with wife and a grandson from Mumbai on May 13 by a 'Shramik Special' train that pulled up at Saharsa.
Out of total 1,326 positive cases in 38 districts, 475have recovered, leaving the state with 843 active cases.The total number of samples tested so far is 45,790. AR RBT DVDV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail