Migrant labourer in transit to WB dies in C'garh of COVID-19
This is the first death due to COVID-19 reported from Chhattisgarh but the deceased did not belong to the state, they said.
"On May 24, the man was on way to South 24 Parganas in West Bengal from Mumbai in a bus along with other migrants. The bus broke down at Charauda town where he complained of chest pain," Durg Collector Ankit Anand said.He was given water to drink following which he died, he said. Advertisement
Later, four relatives who were with him were alighted from the bus and the vehicle, proceeded to its destination with the rest of the passengers after repairing, he said.
"The sample of the deceased was sent for testing to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Raipur on Monday which returned positive this evening," the collector said.The rapid testing for coronavirus of the four relatives of the deceased came out negative.
However, they have been kept in a quarantine centre and their samples were sent for RTPCR testing to AIIMS Raipur, he said.Chhattisgarh on Tuesday reported 68 new COVID-19 cases, taking the total case count to 361. CORR TKP NSK NSK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Zomato turns 12 – from a weekend project to a $3 billion company, here’s the startup’s journey over the years
- Most adults infected with COVID-19 in South Africa are asymptomatic cases: official
- 936 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; eight more die
- 156 fresh cases in Jharkhand, COVID-19 tally now 3,518
- 755 new COVID-19 cases take Odisha's tally to 11,956