Migrant labourer tests positive for COVID-19 in C'garh
The state has reported 38 cases of COVID-19 so far, ofwhich 34 patients have been discharged after recovering fromthe infection.
The swab sample of a labourer, hailing from Garhwadistrict in the neighbouring state of Jharkhand, was sent fortesting to Pt Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College inRaipur, Surajpur collector Deepak Soni told .
This is the first confirmed case of coronavirusdetected in the state's Surguja division, which consists offive districts.
The patient, who works as a labourer at Wardha inMaharashtra, had travelled to the border district ofRajnandgaon along with other labourers during the lockdownearly this month, the official said.
He was placed in a quarantine facility on the inter-state border, but in view of crowding at the facility, migrantworkers, most of them hailing from Jharkahand, were shifted tothe quarantine centre in Surajpur on April 17, he said.
"We collected random samples from people at thequarantine centre to check for the infection, following whichhis report came out positive," the collector said, adding thatthe patient was undergoing treatment at Ambikapur MedicalCollege in Surguja district.
Samples of people who had come in contact with thepatient will also be sent for testing, he added.With this, the state has so far recorded 38 cases ofcoronavirus, of which 34 have been discharged followingrecovery and three, apart from the labourer, were undergoingtreatment at AIIMS Raipur, a health official said. TKPARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- RIL, PNB, Reliance Capital, Union Bank of India and other hot stocks on November 30
- Star Health IPO opens today — Check out close date, allotment and other important details
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT-Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries