Modi’s 9pm-9minutes video message receives a billion viewing minutes
- According to a BARC report, these are the third highest viewing minutes recorded in any PM’s speech.
- More than 119 million people watched the video telecasted across 199 channels.
- Previously, lockdown became the biggest news event in India so far. It received more views than the finale of Indian Premier League 2019, which had 133 million viewers.
According to the report, it is the third highest viewing minutes recorded for any PM’s speech. Also, more than 119 million people watched the telecast of the video across 199 channels on April 3.
Modi’s ‘complete lockdown’ received 197 million views
When India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the 21-day world's largest lockdown to contain Coronavirus on March 24, as many as 197 million people were glued to TV across 201 news channels.
The lockdown became the biggest news event in India so far. It received more viewers than the finale of Indian Premier League 2019, which had 133 million viewers.
|Date||PM Address to the nation||Channels||Viewership in millions|
|8 November 2016||Demonetisation||114||57|
|8 August 2019||Article 370||163||65|
|19 March 2020||Janata Curfew due to COVID-19||191||83|
|24 March 2020||Complete Lockdown in India due to COVID-19||201||197|
Modi’s first address to the nation about Coronavirus on March 19 — where he announced Janta curfew — had 83 million viewers across 19 channels. The announcement about abrogation of Article 370 in August last year had 57 million viewers across 114 channels.
See also: Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra
- 2 more test COVID-19 positive in UP's Shamli district
- With 242 cases in a day, Bihar's COVID tally soars to 3,806
- 123 more test positive for COVID-19 in Assam; total count 1,339
- 48 COVID-19 cases reported in a day in Gautam Buddh Nagar; total 453
- Top bureaucrats under quarantine after senior IAS officer tests COVID-19 positive in J-K
- Air travel Guidelines
- Lockdown extended
- Karnataka travel guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- COVID-19 infections
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra extends lockdown
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Mukesh Ambani
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines