MP tally of COVID-19 cases up by 110 to 1,090; death toll 55
Indore/Bhopal, Apr 16 () With 110 more personstesting coronavirus positive on Thursday morning, the numberof COVID-19 cases in Madhya Pradesh climbed to 1,090, healthofficials said.
Besides, coronavirus claimed the lives of two morepersons in Indore late on Wednesday night, taking the deathtoll in the state to 55, the officials said.
Chief medical and health officer (CMHO) Praveen Jadiasaid, "As many as 110 people have tested positive forcoronavirus after the administration received their reportthis morning from Delhi. With this, the number of COVID-19patients in Indore has gone up to 696. Of them, 39 have died."
The death rate of COVID-19 patients in the city tillThursday morning was 5.60 per cent, which is higher than thenational average. But since the last week, it beencontinuously decreasing.
According to reports so far, the virus has nowaffected 26 out of the total 52 districts in Madhya Pradesh.Agar Malwa and Alirajpur districts were the latest to be hitby it on Wednesday.
Indore has reported the highest number of 696 cases inthe state, health officials said.
Indore has emerged as one of the COVID-19 hotspots inthe country, where maximum number of such patients per 10 lakhpopulation were found. The total population of the district isaround 35 lakh.
Of the 55 COVID-19 deaths in the state, 39 werereported in Indore alone. So far, five persons have died inBhopal, six in Ujjain, three in Khargone and one each inChhindwara and Dewas.
On Wednesday, COVID-19 patients were found for thefirst time in Agar Malwa (3) and Alirajpur (1) districts,health officials said.
So far, 64 patients have recovered and returned home,the officials said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes