Mumbai returnee tests positive in HP's Mandi, district COVID-19 tally now 11
Mandi (HP), May 24 () A 19-year-old woman, who recently returned to Mandi from Mumbai, has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, a district official said on Sunday.
The fresh case has pushed the number of COVID-19 cases to 11 in the district. One person has so far recovered from the infection while a coronavirus patient died, leaving nine active cases in the district.
The woman, who has tested positive for the infection, is asymptotic and belonged to Dharampur in Sarkaghat tehsil, the official said.
She recently returned from Mumbai with her parents and was institutionally quarantined in Dharampur with them, he said.
Her parents tested negative, the official said.She is being shifted to the dedicated coronavirus centre at Dhangshidar near Mandi in the training centre of the Jal Shakti department, he added. COR DJI CK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- Flights could get bumpier as climate change makes air turbulence much more frequent
- A Swiggy user from Hyderabad spends Rs 6 lakh ordering idlis in a year
- Repo rate hike will slow down real estate, reverse post-Covid trends, says industry body to RBI
- Small stocks lag behind in FY23; take bigger hit than bluechip firms
- Tamil Nadu says 'nahi to dahi' over Hindi name on curd packets