Mumbai schools to remain shut until December 31 as COVID tally mounts
- BMC announced that all schools within Mumbai would continue to remain shut till December 31 amid the rising COVID-19 cases.
- Barring Mumbai, schools will open in the rest of the state on Monday for classes 9 to 12.
- This move comes after Mumbai recorded the week’s highest number of cases on Thursday.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black 2GB RAM 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
Earlier this month, Maharashtra’s Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray had approved schools in the state to reopen for classes for 9 to 12 after Diwali. The schools in other parts of the state can reopen on November 23, as per the state authorities direction
All schools in BMC jurisdiction to remain closed till 31st December. The decision has been taken in the wake of ris… https://t.co/hKresma0js— ANI (@ANI) 1605857114000
This move comes after Mumbai recorded the week’s highest number of cases on Thursday. It reported 924 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, taking the total tally beyond 2.72 lakh cases, while 1,192 more patients got discharged from hospitals following recovery.
#CoronavirusUpdates19-Nov; 6:00pmDischarged Pts. (24 hrs) - 1,192Total Recovered Pts. - 2,49,903Overall Recove… https://t.co/m7ZXD2qvL4— माझी Mumbai, आपली BMC (@mybmc) 1605797411000
The state government has also issued guidelines for reopening of schools after a gap of 7 months under Mission Begin Again. Barring Mumbai, schools will open in the rest of the state on Monday for classes 9 to 12 — the classes are being sanitized as per the guidelines.
The government has also directed schools to follow health, hygiene, and other safety precautions before and after classes, post resumption. And, written consent from parents is necessary for students regarding attendance.
SEE ALSO: PUBG Mobile India was rumoured to launch today — but there is no official update from the company
FOMO helps Gland Pharma swell on debut
- Clear(Tax) has planned major acquisitions and hiring for this year, in talks with investors to raise funds
- Tokyo Olympics: India's Deepika Kumari reaches quarterfinals in women's archery
- Friendship Day 2021: Here are a few Indian movies that celebrated friendship
- Today is the last day of Rolex Rings’ ₹731 crore IPO with a price band of ₹880-900
- Punjab to bring Bill to earmark welfare budget for SCs in proportionate to their population