Maharashtra Unlock 5.0: Government opens restaurant and bars, but schools and cinema halls to remain closed
- The Maharashtra government allowed restaurants, bars, and hotels to open with restricted capacity.
- However, under the
new guidelines, schools and cinema halls shall remain closed.
- Maharashtra is the worst COVDI-19 hit state in India with 2,60,789 active cases as of October 1.
Maharashtra is the worst COVDI-19 hit state in India with 2,60,789 active cases as of October 1. So far, over 36,000 people have succumbed to coronavirus in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Unlock 5.0: What’s open
- All the trains originating and ending the journey within the state will be restarted with immediate effect subject to health protocols for COVID-19, the latest guidelines said.
- Hotels, food courts, restaurants and bars can operate from October 5 with capacity not exceeding 50% or as prescribed by local authorities. A separate Standard Operating Procedure will be issued by the tourism department for precautions to be taken while operating these establishments
- All industrial and manufacturing units producing non- essential items will be allowed to operate in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
- The Railways will increase the frequency of local trains in the MMR. Local trains in Pune region will restart with protocols and procedures adopted in the MMR.
- Dabbawalas of tiffin carriers in MMR will be allowed to travel by local trains after procuring QR code passes from the Mumbai police commissioner's office.
- There shall be free movement of oxygen-carrying vehicles within and out of the state without any restrictions of time.
- Schools, colleges and other educational and coaching institutions will remain closed.
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres in malls and market places, auditoriums, assembly halls will continue to remain closed.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural and religious events and other large congregations will remain prohibited.
- International Air travel of passengers to remain prohibited, except as permitted by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Metro rails to remain closed.
- Bajaj Auto is making more money on every vehicle sold — but it is selling too few to grow its profit
- Eros Now deletes its posts sexualising Navratri and apologises for offending internet users
- Best wireless keyboard and mouse combos
- India's Draft Space Communications Policy puts liability for damage to outer space objects on private sector players
- India's anti-tank guided missile NAG completes final test — will soon be inducted into the Indian Army