Nine more Mumbai returnees test corona-positive in Himachal; tally rises to 179
Of the new ten cases, six are reported from Kangra and four from Mandi district, they added.
Nine of the fresh cases are those of Mumbai returnees while one returned from Jalandhar, they said, adding four of them are women.In Kangra, two women, aged 70 and 44 years, from Lambagaon, in Jaisinghpur and Bhawarna respectively tested positive, a district official said. Advertisement
Similarly three men, aged 48, 49 and 50 years from Lambagaon in Jaisinghpur, Palampur and Jaisinghpur respectively tested positive on Saturday.
All had reached the state from Mumbai in a special train on May 18 and were quarantined at Paraur in Palampur subdivision.The 70-year-old woman is being shifted to DCHC, Dharamshala, while the rest four are being shifted to Pri Baijnath.
Besides a 68-year-old man presently admitted at Sari Tanda arrived from Jalandhar has tested positive in Kangra district, he added.In Mandi, the four COVID-19 patients include three members of a family – a woman and her son and daughter. They were already in a quarantine centre, Chief Medical Officer Jeevanand Chauhan said. The woman's husband also returned recently from Mumbai, but his report was negative, Chauhan said. Advertisement
A 61-year-old taxi driver, a resident of Mumbai, also tested positive for COVID-19. He had brought some residents from there a few days ago and was quarantined after developing influenza-like symptoms, the official said.
The number of active cases of the pathogen in the state is 116 and 59 people have recovered so far, according to officials.Hamirpur has the maximum number of active COVID-19 cases at 55, followed by Kangra with 36, eight in Mandi, five each in Solan and Bilaspur; two each in Sirmaur, Una and Chamba, and one in Kullu, the officials said. Advertisement
Four people have died of coronavirus infection in the state. DJI RAX RAX
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Mangor Hill accounts for 26 of 30 new COVID-19 cases in Goa
- One more dies of coronavirus in Punjab, toll 48; 46 fresh cases raise state's tally to 2,461
- Two fresh COVID-19 cases in Arunachal; count rises to 44
- Haryana's COVID-19 tally reaches 3,597 with 316 fresh cases; Gurgaon reports 153 cases
- PTI tally of COVID-19 cases and deaths in India at 9:15pm
- guidelines for Malls
- Lockdown extended
- Telangana lockdown guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- Delhi Containment Zones
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Punjab lockdown guidelines
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines