No President Trump, there will only be 100,000, not 7 million, lining up for your roadshow
- Nearly 100,000 people are expected to be part of the 22km long roadshow by
PM Modiand US President Donald Trumpin Ahmedabad on February 24.
- Trump is eagerly waiting for 7 million attendees — about 1,000 times the number of people at the
Howdy Modievent — for his roadshow.
- Trump was apparently unhappy with the attendees of Howdy Modi at 50,000 in Houston last year
As of now, authorities say that as many as 100,000 people are expected to line up for him along the 22 kms road to welcome the Trumps. That is less than a tenth of what Modi promised. But it is still twice the number who attended the Houston rally.
Trump was apparently unhappy with the attendees of Howdy Modi at 50,000 in Houston last year. In response, Modi magnanimously said that he can arrange for 7 million.
#WATCH US President Donald Trump in Washington on his visit to India: I happen to like PM Modi a lot. He told me we… https://t.co/YELtE2YtDV— ANI (@ANI) 1582081714000
A lot of people have been questioning the 7 million number especially since the state of Gujarat is 6 million. Moreover, the newly built stadium — where Modi and Trump are likely to give a joint speech — can accommodate only 110,000 people.
Ahmedabad Municipal Commissioner Vijay Nehra on Wednesday said the number of those expected to be present at the roadshow will be "around one lakh".
#MaruAmdavad says #NamasteTrump #IndiaRoadShow is getting bigger & bigger More than 1 lakh participants al… https://t.co/wrj8ZPByrO— Vijay Nehra (@vnehra) 1581840131000
Trump, accompanied by First Lady
In Ahmedabad, President Trump will address the '
The route of Trump's travel to the stadium is expected to have tens of thousands of citizens as well as artists showcasing the performing arts from different states and union territories.
(With inputs from PTI)
Trump will be in India for just 36 hours— this is his schedule
- SpaceX and NASA's next manned mission is set to take off on Halloween
- Xiaomi launches Mi Watch Revolve, Mi Smart Speaker and other smart home products in India
- Bypolls to one Lok Sabha and 56 assembly seats on November 3 and 7: Election Commission
- Samsung announces price cut on Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11 affordable smartphones in India
- Serum Institute to manufacture 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine