Noida: 64 people arrested, 1,904 vehicles penalised for violating COVID-19 curbs
Twenty-two vehicles were impounded for violation of the curbs during the 24-hour period till Sunday night, the police said.
The Uttar Pradesh government has imposed a lockdown in the state from 10 pm on Friday till 5 am on July 13 to check the spread of COVID-19.Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC), which bars assembly of more than four people, is in force in Gautam Buddh Nagar. The district's urban areas fall in the 'red zone'.
They said Rs 1,70,250 were collected in fines during the action.The Noida-Delhi border continues to remain sealed. Only essential service workers and people having passes issued by the district administration are allowed to cross, according to officials.
The security checks were intensified in view of the fresh curbs imposed to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 and other vector-borne diseases, the officials said.All shops, offices, commercial establishments, including shopping malls, across Noida and Greater Noida shall remain closed till July 13, the Gautam Buddh Nagar administration had said on Friday. The administration had also warned that people will be fined Rs 500 each time they are found without a face cover or mask outdoors. KIS DIV DIV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings