Now, robot is part of Kerala's fight against coronavirus
Named "Nightingale-19", the robot is deployed toprovide food and medicines among patients at the districtcoronavirus centre in Ancharakandi in Kannur district where alarge number of cases have been reported.
The special display facility, attached to it, alsoallows patients to communicate with health workers and theirrelatives if necessary, the health minister's office heresaid.
Designed by the students of Chemberi Vimal JyothiEngineering College with the support of the Health Department,the remote control-operated robot can carry food and water forat least six persons at a stretch.
The machine, which can travel up to one kilometre,distributes food, water and medicine in each room, adepartment statement said.
The robot would be disinfected after each use, itsaid.
Health Minister K K Shailaja inaugurated the newventure from here recently through the robot's video facility,the statement added.Robots have been put to use in other parts of thecountry to help in the health workers' fight against COVID-19. LGK UD SS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India