Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik officially announces coronavirus lockdown until April 30
Odishabecame the first state to officially announce an extension of its lockdown until April 30.
- The chief minister of the state
Naveen Patnaiktoday announced a 16 day extension to the lockdown.
- The state has 42 confirmed
Coronaviruscases so far, with two cured and one dead.
The chief minister of the state Naveen Patnaik today announced a 16 day extension to the lockdown even as many expect a similar move by many states before the 21-day national lockdown ends on April 14.
Patnaik has requested the Centre not to start train and air services till April 30th; Educational institutions in the state to remain closed till June 17th.
The state has 42 confirmed Coronavirus cases so far, with two cured and one dead. All the areas from where coronavirus cases had emerged, had already been sealed completely.
Odisha reported its first COVID-19 death after a 72-year-old man died at AIIMS, Bhubaneswar, said the Health department on Tuesday.
The state also inaugurated three Covid-19 hospitals. The state government's third facility, a 500-bed hospital with 20 ICU facilities, was inaugurated here on Monday.
The government also announced deferment in gross salary of Chief Minister, ministers, MLAs and all India service officers as the COVID-19 lockdown and subsequent expenditure impacted the state economy.
Chief Minister, ministers, MLAs, and chairpersons of all corporations and elected representatives of all local bodies will receive a 70% cut in gross salary.
- Amazon offers 125,000 full-time jobs to temporary employees
- Sensex drops over 300 pts in early trade; Nifty tests 9,400 level
- How OnePlus pulled off the global launch of OnePlus 8 in the midst of a lockdown
- India registers biggest single-day spike of 7,466 COVID-19 cases
- Nearly half of Apple retail stores now open globally
- Air travel Guidelines
- Covid-19 Drug
- Karnataka travel guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- COVID-19 infections
- Modi’s Stimulus Package
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra extends lockdown
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Mukesh Ambani
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines