One more tests positive for COVID-19 in Assam, count 31
The 31 cases include one person who had died due to the virus.
The latest COVID-19 patient hails from Goalparadistrict. The case was confirmed late on Monday night andfurther details will be available during the day, he said.
This is the fourth confirmed case in Goalparadistrict, where all other three COVID-19 patients had attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Delhi's Nizamuddin area.
Thirty of the 31 confirmed cases in Assam are linkedto the event.
Two persons had tested positive for coronavirus onMonday while a person from Nagaland also tested positive for the disease and is currently being treated at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital.
Of the 3,209 samples tested in Assam, 1,421 werelinked to the Nizamuddin event, of which 30 have testedpositive and results for 34 are awaited, Sarma had said.
All the persons who had attended the Tablighi Jamaat event have either been quarantined or isolated, he said.
Sarma had said that the condition of all the COVID-19 patients, barring a cancer patient who had tested positive in Silchar, is stable.The highest number of cases was reported in Golaghat district at 9, followed by four each in Goalpara, Nalbari and Morigaon, three in Dhubri, two in Cachar, one each in Hailakandi, Kamrup (Metropolitan), Kamrup, Lakhimpur and South Salmara districts. DG ACD DVDV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- Swiggy raises $700 million led by Invesco to double down on quick commerce, valuation crosses $10 billion
- OnePlus 10R with MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC tipped to launch in India by Q2 end
- IPL 2022: These are the foreign players who are retained by the teams ahead of the auction
- From Adani Green to HAL – these 10 stocks have defied the market meltdown
- Wipro, L&T Infotech, Zee Entertainment, Mindtree among top losers that hit investors’ portfolio in the last one month