Over 2,000 people detained for violating lockdown in Delhi
According to the data shared by the police, 51 cases were registered under section 188 (for disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the Indian Penal Code till 5 pm.
A total of 2,068 people were detained under section 65 (persons bound to comply with reasonable directions of police officers) and 100 vehicles impounded under section 66 of the Delhi Police Act, it showed.
A total of 282 movement passes were issued during the day, the police said.
Fourteen cases were registered against people for stepping out of their houses without wearing masks, they added.Since March 24, 1,65,635 people have been detained for violating government orders under section 65 of the Delhi Police Act in the city. AMP IJT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Rishi Sunak on spending spree on skills, healthcare in UK Budget
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one