Over 2,500 people detained for violating lockdown in Delhi: Police
According to the data shared by the police, 68 cases were registered under section 188 (for disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the Indian Penal Code till 5 pm.
A total of 2,511 people were detained under section 65 (persons bound to comply with reasonable directions of police officers) and 142 vehicles impounded under section 66 of the Delhi Police Act, it showed.A total of 608 movement passes were issued during the day, the police said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- FMCG: The trends to watch out for in 2021
- Railways Budget 2021: Faster trains, higher funding and support for green railways — here’s what’s on the experts’ checklist
- Apple to open retail stores in India, after the success of its online store, says CEO Tim Cook
- Indian grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company gets ₹45 crore investment from Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser
- Top stocks to watch on January 28