Petrol prices cut by ₹8 per litre in Delhi
New rates will come into effect from midnight.
This decision came after Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal chaired a Cabinet meeting this morning.
Currently, the petrol is being sold at ₹103.97.
In early November, the Centre had reduced petrol and diesel rates by ₹5 and ₹10 per litre respectively. Post the move, the Opposition parties in Delhi have been urging the AAP-led state government to cut VAT on petrol by at least ₹10 per litre.
From June 2017 onwards, the petrol and diesel prices in India are being revised daily at 6 a.m. via the dynamic fuel price method. Earlier, this exercise used to take place every fortnight.
Kunal Shah’s CRED has spent $180 million to acquire Happay, a corporate expense manager for Byju’s, OYO and more
iPhone SE 3 release date, specs and price — all you need to know
Popular on BI
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Unacademy founder Gaurav Munjal says its job hiring platform will see no layoffs
- Markets to open slightly lower on US Fed signals of more rates hikes
- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Last day to subscribe, grey market premiums at ₹25
- Hit and earn: Indian cricket fans can win as much as $500 a day playing cricket in the metaverse
- Indians are buying more pre-owned cars: Scorpio, Fortuner among the top picks