Petrol prices cut by ₹8 per litre in Delhi
New rates will come into effect from midnight.
This decision came after Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal chaired a Cabinet meeting this morning.
Currently, the petrol is being sold at ₹103.97.
In early November, the Centre had reduced petrol and diesel rates by ₹5 and ₹10 per litre respectively. Post the move, the Opposition parties in Delhi have been urging the AAP-led state government to cut VAT on petrol by at least ₹10 per litre.
AdvertisementFrom June 2017 onwards, the petrol and diesel prices in India are being revised daily at 6 a.m. via the dynamic fuel price method. Earlier, this exercise used to take place every fortnight.
Kunal Shah’s CRED has spent $180 million to acquire Happay, a corporate expense manager for Byju’s, OYO and more
iPhone SE 3 release date, specs and price — all you need to know
Popular on BI
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter
- Reliance Jio is making the most money it has ever made from its subscribers
- Twitter’s long-awaited hexagonal profile pictures that give bragging rights to NFT HOLDers is here — but not everyone loves it
- IIT-Bombay’s annual socio-weekend to start from January 22