PM assures help to Ethiopia in fighting coronavirus
New Delhi, May 6 () Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday assured his Ethiopian counterpart Abiy Ahmed Ali of India's support in ensuring supplies of essential medicines and offsetting the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
During their telephonic conversation, the two leaders discussed the domestic, regional and global challenges posed by the pandemic, and expressed solidarity with each other at the time of the crisis.
"The prime minister assured Dr Abiy Ahmed Ali of Indian support to Ethiopia, for ensuring supplies of essential medicines and ameliorating the economic impact of the pandemic," an official statement said.
In a tweet, Modi said "we discussed the COVID-19 situation."
He said India stands in solidarity "with our friends in Ethiopia as well as other countries in Africa, and will be a reliable partner to provide essential medical supplies and other assistance to handle the crisis".
According to the statement, Modi recalled the close ties between India and Ethiopia and the excellent development partnership between the two nations, it said.Prime Minister Modi, on behalf of the people of India and himself, wished the people of Ethiopia success in the fight against COVID-19. NAB ZMN
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Thunderstorms, rain bring down homes and power supplies along with temperatures in North India
- Elon Musk replies to Pune techie's witty tweet, says he does not run the techie's account
- Tata Steel, SAIL, Jindal Steel shares tumble up to 16% after the export tax shocker
- Sensex jumps over 311 points in morning trade; Maruti, M&M, Asian Paints, Titan and Kotak Mahindra Bank among top gainers
- Billionaire wealth rose more in 2 years than in the last 23 years combined