PM Modi applauds 74 year old pensioner who sews homemade masks out of his pension
- The 74-yr-old from Reasi district in J&K distributed over 6000 masks he personally made, using money from his monthly pension.
- PIB in a tweet called Mengi a ‘Corona Warrior’ and said, “He wanted to do something for those engaged in the war against
Mengi is also distributing free ration to poor and needy.
Modi in his tweet, said, “Proud of citizens like him! They are adding so much might in the
Proud of citizens like him! They are adding so much might in the battle against COVID-19. https://t.co/nPCAsn9mUQ— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1587021963000
A video shared by PIB in Jammu and Kashmir on twitter shows Mengi— wearing his self-made mask— and making others on a sewing machine.
Corona Warrior: Yog Raj Mengi, 74-year-old wanted to do something for those engaged in the war against #Covid19. T… https://t.co/PdIZnNwrHW— PIB in Jammu and Kashmir (@PIBSrinagar) 1586942747000
PIB in a tweet called Mengi a ‘Corona Warrior’ and said, “He wanted to do something for those engaged in the war against Coronavirus.”
Unheard stories of Corona Warriors
There are thousands of corona warriors around the country that remain unheard. A Hyderabad based couple took over a restaurant in order to dish out cooked meals to migrant labourers.
Apart from NGOs, individuals have been playing the role of corona warriors.
Nirmal Kumar Jain, the principal of a Delhi school, and Pankaj Kumar Kansal, an accountant at a company, are supplying water, juice and soft drinks to police, healthcare workers, sweepers, and municipal corporation employees.
They are also keeping vigil to ensure lockdown is implemented.
SEE ALSO: List of coronavirus hotspot in Telangana
List of coronavirus hotspot in mumbai
List of coronavirus hotspot in Karnataka
List of coronavirus hotspot in Andhra Pradesh
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal