Rajasthan imposes night curfew in 13 districts till December 31, slashes COVID-19 test prices for private labs
- Kota, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Ajmer, Tonk, Udaipur, Alwar are among the 13 districts in the state where a night curfew has been imposed from 8 pm to 6 am.
- The government said these restrictions would come into effect from December 1 and will remain until the end of December 31.
- All markets, workplaces and commercial complexes will be closed by 7 pm so that the staff and others reach back home by 8 pm, the order said.
The government said these restrictions would come into effect from December 1 and will remain until the end of December 31. Schools, colleges, entertainment parks and cinemas will remain shut till year-end.
“All markets, workplaces and commercial complexes will be closed by 7 pm so that the staff and others reach back home by 8 pm unless special permission is obtained from the officer authorised by the District Collector in this regard,” the authorities said in its order.
AdvertisementThese restrictions will not be applicable for factories, IT companies, chemists and workplaces related to essential emergency services. It will also not impact marriage and other gatherings. Movement of trucks and other goods carrier vehicles will be allowed during the night curfew.
These are the 13 districts where as strict night curfew has been ordered:
He sought to assure people of an “encouraging" recovery rate in the state, saying Rajasthan has a Covid death rate below one per cent — one of the lowest in the country.
The government on Saturday also capped the rate for Covid-19 RT-PCR tests by private labs in the state to ₹800, slashing it by ₹400. Gehlot said the government ordered the lowering of the Covid test rates from ₹1,200 to ₹800 following a drop in test kits' prices.
Rajasthan reported 18 coronavirus deaths and 2,518 fresh cases on Sunday, taking the total number of fatalities and positive cases to 2,292 and 2.65 lakh. The maximum number of fresh cases were detected in Jaipur where 555 people tested positive, followed by Jodhpur with 395 cases while Kota, Ajmer and Udaipur recorded 211, 164 and 101 cases, respectively.
SEE ALSO: Fauci and public health experts are sounding the alarms about another coronavirus surge after Americans traveled for the Thanksgiving holiday
From WhiteHat Jr, Big Basket, and Unacademy to Dunzo — these are the Indian startups that reported data leaks over the past few months
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80